Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home Stretch... Updates...

In about 20 days, we will be leaving for India! This whole process has flown by, the cd project was kind of a 'hurry up and wait' deal. But now that it's finally here, I feel like I can settle in to the mission at hand. Although I still have a few more things to take care of, I can now fully concentrate on fund raising.

Thank you SO much to all the generosity I've seen so far!! I'm overwhelmed by the love felt from so many of you, whether monetary or just sincere words of encouragement. But, I still have a long way to go! So, please continue to help me spread the word!!

Tomorrow, I'm heading over to Birmingham to meet with NeverThirst. I'm meeting with Spencer, to share with him my vision. I know God has put our paths together, as well as, put a burning in my heart to help get people the clean water they need to sustain healthy life. I don't have to go into all the spiritual implications of clean water and how it can open hearts and minds to the gospel. Excited!!

The model I'm trying to build for free/missional music is something I believe very strongly in and I know it can work. My limited experience with the 'Christian music industry' and my 10 years experience in 'Christian' retail has taught me a lot about what we do right, but more importantly, what we do wrong. Capitalism is great, but we've missed the boat on how to use it. As believers, we should NOT be focused solely on our stock portfolios and retirement plans. I understand that this kind of statement can be found offensive and I'm sorry if there are those who don't like to think about the fact that their focus might be misplaced. But, if one will read the new testament, they will find that earthly pursuit leads to nothing but emptiness. (insert.. "yeh, but Jim" here)

When I get to heaven and stand before a Holy and Almighty God and He asks me what I did with my time here on earth. God help me if all I have to show him is a successful business model and my accomplishment of early retirement. I pray that at that moment, I can turn around and standing behind me are the thousands of lives saved (clean drinking water) and souls won for the kingdom. If one child can grow up and not die at the age of 7 because they had access to clean water, I'll feel as if I was put on this planet for a purpose.

I'm encouraged greatly by the remnant of people I see coming around to the idea of taking the new testament for what it says and acting on it. I want to see Jesus come back, desperately!! But, we've got a lot of work to do before then!!

Matthew 24:14 (New International Version)

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

"All nations" here doesn't mean, nations, as in political/geographical boundaries ... it literally means, "all people groups" ....

Here are some statistics via: http://www.joshuaproject.net

Total People Groups:

# People Groups 16,402
# Unreached People Groups 6,693
% of Unreached People Groups 40.8

~~other sources' numbers may vary ... but the %'s are all about the same~~

I'm excited to enter this world and bring the name of Jesus fame!

Love you all deeply!! Let me know if you need anything.... and COME GET A CD!! :)

1 comment: