Thursday, July 9, 2009

~~Disclaimer~~ Let's vocalize ....

Over the past couple of years, in conversation with folks here and there, I've heard a similar theme from them ... "Why don't you blog?". Ok, I'll give it a spin. I've always felt different, not in some weird kinda, "I hate everybody, nobody understands me", kinda way. I guess what I mean is this, I've never been one to just fall in line with the norm, whether that be the fad of the day or the thought processes of those around me, especially in the church. I've just kinda felt like so many around me just didn't get it ... and I still feel like many just DON'T get it. Irony (ready for this... buckle up), I'm beginning to find that the more I realize that "believers don't get it"... the more I realize that "I still don't get it". Whether that be from pride in some shape, form, or fashion; or maybe it is indeed the life journey that we all find ourselves in.

Having said all that, my "disclaimer"... I intend to use this blog to talk about things that are on my heart. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that at some point in this world of blog, some will take issue with some of my thoughts and ideas, and trust me, that's cool. The older I get the more I realize that it is not so much important for people to always agree with me, but it is however MOST important that people think. Look at things from a different angle, let a little light in, and then form their own opinions. A lot of topics will be Jesus oriented ... but then some will be very light hearted, sophmoric, typical "Jim" stuff. Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading your blog Jim. I kinda like the way you think. It's insightful, fresh, and at times jolting(in a good way). We all need a dose of good old fashion wisdom and common sense. We all seem, at times, to be a bunch of automatons, especially when it comes to church or biblical issues. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing from you, man... Don't check out my blog though, b/c I conform. :) Can't wait to see what's on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have to say. Maybe one day I'll do something similar, probably after I finish my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! My 'blog persona' is not linked to my FB (and I have hopes of keeping it that way) but I will be a regular visitor.

    ReplyDelete