Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 1... June 9... we've arrived

It’s 6:00 in the morning, I have been awake since a little before 5. My body is still feeling the effects of 18 hours of flight, the 12 hour lay over in London and on top of that, my legs are extremely sore from all the walking we did in London. My body is obviously not accustomed to walking with a back pack that weighs 30 lbs.

I’m sitting here in the living room of Eddie and Macarena Aldape’s home. I’m so blesed to have made friendships with these two precious people... people who have a true heart for God, His people, and the people of India.

I’ve been blessed in my life to travel to different places around the world, but I’ve never been to a country quite like this. There is a beauty to it that I can’t quite put my finger on. A “laid-back hurried-ness”, if that makes sense. I was hoping for a trip that would stretch me and I have a feeling that India is just the place to do that.

After leaving the airport, Eddie took us to lunch at a local Indian restaurant, the real deal! It was really good, they had the BEST pitas with either garlic or cheese. At lunch we talked with Manohar, a local pastor the runs the boys home we are going to be serving at the next couple of weeks. Manohar told us the story of how he came to Christ, incredible story of faith, healing, redemption.

Oh, and I did get to see some cool stuff in London...

More to come ….


No comments:

Post a Comment